E-Myth \ ‘e-,’mith\ n 1: the entrepreneurial myth: the myth that most people who start small businesses are entrepreneurs 2: the fatal assumption that an individual who understands the technical work of a business can successfully run a business that does that technical work
Voted #1 business book by Inc. 500 CEOs.
An instant classic, this revised and updated edition of the phenomenal bestseller dispels the myths about starting your own business. Small business consultant and author Michael E. Gerber, with sharp insight gained from years of experience, points out how common assumptions, expectations, and even technical expertise can get in the way of running a successful business.
Gerber walks you through the steps in the life of a business—from entrepreneurial infancy through adolescent growing pains to the mature entrepreneurial perspective: the guiding light of all businesses that succeed—and shows how to apply the lessons of franchising to any business, whether or not it is a franchise. Most importantly, Gerber draws the vital, often overlooked distinction between working on your business and working in your business.
The E-Myth Revisited will help you grow your business in a productive, assured way.
Simple, straight-forward principles to help businesses be more Profitable! This book introduces the Universal Business Model — a breakthrough technology in business management. In the Black is written for business owners, operators and managers. No matter what your position in your business, no matter what your product or service, and irrespective of your talent, skill, or experience, the principles presented in this book can make your business more profitable! Every chapter is filled with principles and concepts that you can use immediately to become more profitable in your business and to enhance your expertise and wisdom in business decision-making.
Cybernetics (loosely translated from the Greek): “a helmsman who steers his ship to port.” Psycho-Cybernetics is a term coined by Dr. Maxwell Maltz, which means, “steering your mind to a productive, useful goal so you can reach the greatest port in the world, peace of mind.”
Since its first publication in 1960, Maltz’s landmark bestseller has inspired and enhanced the lives of more than 30 million readers. In this updated edition, with a new introduction and editorial commentary by Matt Furey, president of the Psycho-Cybernetics Foundation, the original text has been annotated and amplified to make Maltz’s message even more relevant for the contemporary reader.
“Before the mind can work efficiently, we must develop our perception of the outcomes we expect to reach. Maxwell Maltz calls this Psycho-Cybernetics; when the mind has a defined target it can focus and direct and refocus and redirect until it reaches its intended goal.” —Tony Robbins (from Unlimited Power)
Maltz was the first researcher and author to explain how the self-image (a term he popularized) has complete control over an individual’s ability to achieve (or fail to achieve) any goal. And he developed techniques for improving and managing self-image—visualization, mental rehearsal, relaxation—which have informed and inspired countless motivational gurus, sports psychologists, and self-help practitioners for more than fifty years.
The teachings of Psycho-Cybernetics are timeless because they are based on solid science and provide a prescription for thinking and acting that lead to quantifiable results.
The most famous of all teachers of success spent “a fortune and the better part of a lifetime of effort” to produce the “Law of Success” philosophy that forms the basis of his books and that is so powerfully summarized in this one.
In the original Think and Grow Rich, published in 1937, Hill draws on stories of Andrew Carnegie, Thomas Edison, Henry Ford, and other millionaires of his generation to illustrate his principles. In the updated version, Arthur R. Pell, Ph.D., a nationally known author, lecturer, and consultant in human resources management and an expert in applying Hill’s thought, deftly interweaves anecdotes of how contemporary millionaires and billionaires, such as Bill Gates, Mary Kay Ash, Dave Thomas, and Sir John Templeton, achieved their wealth. Outmoded or arcane terminology and examples are faithfully refreshed to preclude any stumbling blocks to a new generation of readers.
The worldwide bestselling phenomenon that has helped millions tap the power of the law that governs all our lives to create—intentionally and effortlessly—a joyful life.
In 2006, a groundbreaking feature-length film revealed the great mystery of the universe—The Secret—and, later that year, Rhonda Byrne followed with a book that became a worldwide bestseller.
Fragments of a Great Secret have been found in the oral traditions, in literature, in religions, and philosophies throughout the centuries. For the first time, all the pieces of The Secret come together in an incredible revelation that will be life-transforming for all who experience it.
In this book, you’ll learn how to use The Secret in every aspect of your life—money, health, relationships, happiness, and in every interaction you have in the world. You’ll begin to understand the hidden, untapped power that’s within you, and this revelation can bring joy to every aspect of your life.
The Secret contains wisdom from modern-day teachers—men and women who have used it to achieve health, wealth, and happiness. By applying the knowledge of The Secret, they bring to light compelling stories of eradicating disease, acquiring massive wealth, overcoming obstacles, and achieving what many would regard as impossible.
One word changes everything…No matter who you are or where you are, no matter what your current circumstances, The Magic is going to change your entire life!
For more than twenty centuries, words within a sacred text have mystified, confused, and been misunderstood by almost all who read them. Only a very few people through history have realized that the words are a riddle, and that once you solve the riddle—once you uncover the mystery—a new world will appear before your eyes.
In The Magic, Rhonda Byrne reveals this life-changing knowledge to the world. Then, on an incredible 28-day journey, she teaches you how to apply this knowledge in your everyday life.
- Cultivates Gratitude and Mindfulness – Journaling allows you to appreciate your life more for at least 5 minutes a day. The 5 Minute Journal for women and men is specially crafted for positive manifestation and improved confidence as you get on with your day.
- Chic Daily Journal With Prompts – Start your day with appreciation and end it with deep reflection using our wellness journal. This positivity journal has enough pages for 6 months. It features thoughtfully designed prompts, such as weekly challenges, gratitude, daily highlights, inspirational quotes, daily affirmations, and self-reflection.
- Easy-to-Follow Guided Journal – Don’t know where to start? No worries! Our five minute gratitude journal provides writing cues to set the flow. The motivational journal is undated, so you can begin jotting down your thoughts whenever you’re ready.
- Premium-Quality Aesthetic Journal – These journals with prompts are the epitome of quality. They come in different colors to suit your style. Each personal journal is made using recyclable, sustainably sourced paper with a natural linen fabric cover.
- Ideal Gratitude Gifts for Your Loved Ones – Everybody deserves a life of peace and happiness. So let your friends and family experience the serenity of a grateful heart and mind. Give them a mindfulness journal that they can use daily.
- What Motivates Me will help readers align the work they do every day, for the rest of their lives, with what truly motivates them. It also includes a code to the Motivators Assessment. This is not a personality test, but a scientifically valid assessment that digs straight to the core of what motivates you at work. The book also features a set of thought-provoking exercises to help readers sculpt their jobs with 60 powerful strategies.
After analyzing the results of 850,000 interviews, the authors sought to discover why so many people are not as engaged and energized as they could be at work. They found those who are happiest and most successful are engaged in work that aligns with what motivates them. What Motivates Me offers an extensively tested method to help readers identify their core motivators and figure out the disconnects between their passions and their current work, and guides all those searching for joy and engagement by asking the important questions – “What motivates me?” and “What can I do about it?”
Few people have influenced the day-to-day management of people and companies more than Ken Blanchard. A prominent, sought-after author, speaker, and business consultant, Dr. Blanchard is universally characterized by his friends, colleagues, and clients as one of the most insightful, powerful, and compassionate individuals in business today. Ken is one of the most influential leadership experts in the world and is respected for his years of groundbreaking work in the fields of leadership and management.
Dr. Ken Blanchard is the cofounder and Chief Spiritual Officer of The Ken Blanchard Companies, an international management training and consulting firm that he and his wife, Margie Blanchard, began in 1979 in San Diego, California. In addition to being a renowned speaker and consultant, Ken also spends time as a visiting lecturer at his alma mater, Cornell University, where he is a trustee emeritus of the Board of Trustees.
Ken has received many awards and honors for his contributions in the fields of management, leadership, and speaking. The National Speakers Association awarded him its highest honor, the “Council of Peers Award of Excellence.” He was inducted into the HRD Hall of Fame by Training magazine and Lakewood Conferences, and he received the Golden Gavel Award from Toastmasters International. Ken also received The Thought Leadership Award for continued support of work-related learning and performance by ISA–The Association of Learning Providers. Ken has been inducted into Amazon’s Hall of Fame as one of the top 25 best-selling authors of all time. The business school at Grand Canyon University bears his name. In addition, Ken teaches students in the Master of Science in Executive Leadership Program at the University of San Diego.
Born in New Jersey and raised in New York, Ken received a master’s degree from Colgate University, and a bachelor’s and PhD from Cornell University. An avid golfer, Ken belongs to the Loch Lomond Golf Club in Scotland.
- UPDATED EDITION
A small business accountant’s guide to QUICK turnarounds
You can build your accounting practice and make more money!
You will learn how to:
-Become more than an accountant to small businesses but a Profit Expert!
-Set up a turnaround project to best meet the needs of the business in trouble and also get paid yourself.
-Assess the business situation accurately and quickly.
-Creat a turnaround business plan that can bring success in 30 days with complete commitment from the business owner.
-Work through the three critical turnaround areas-controlling cash, reducing expenses and increasing revenue.
-Reassess the situation after the 30 days to see what went well and what still needs to be done to make the business profitable.
-Put everything together to build your earnings and your repuation as a turn-around expert and profit expert for small business.
- Author of cult classics The Pumpkin Plan and The Toilet Paper Entrepreneur offers a simple, counterintuitive cash management solution that will help small businesses break out of the doom spiral and achieve instant profitability.
Conventional accounting uses the logical (albeit, flawed) formula: Sales – Expenses = Profit. The problem is, businesses are run by humans, and humans aren’t always logical. Serial entrepreneur Mike Michalowicz has developed a behavioral approach to accounting to flip the formula: Sales – Profit = Expenses. Just as the most effective weight loss strategy is to limit portions by using smaller plates, Michalowicz shows that by taking profit first and apportioning only what remains for expenses, entrepreneurs will transform their businesses from cash-eating monsters to profitable cash cows. Using Michalowicz’s Profit First system, readers will learn that:
· Following 4 simple principles can simplify accounting and make it easier to manage a profitable business by looking at bank account balances.
· A small, profitable business can be worth much more than a large business surviving on its top line.
· Businesses that attain early and sustained profitability have a better shot at achieving long-term growth.
With dozens of case studies, practical, step-by-step advice, and his signature sense of humor, Michalowicz has the game-changing roadmap for any entrepreneur to make money they always dreamed of.
- Cheese is a metaphor for what you want in life – be it a good job, a loving relationship, money or possessions, health or spiritual peace of mind. And the maze is where you look for what you want – the organization you work in, or the family or community where you live. This book shows how to anticipate change, adapt quickly, enjoy the change and be ready for more, so that you suffer from less stress and enjoy more success in life.
- These days, just about anything you need can be purchased through a subscription. And when you think about it, it actually makes buying easier. Before I read this book I didn’t realize how many products and services I already subscribe to.
So in the book, John explains that you are now competing in the new subscription economy, and it’s up to you to decide if you’re playing defense or offense.
Warrillow explains that subscribers, or “automatic customers” are the key to increasing cash flow, igniting growth, and boosting the value of your company.
The book has three parts: The first part explains why subscribers are better than customers. Then he goes into the nine different subscription business models. Your business will fall into one of them. The last part of the book goes into detail on how to go about building your subscription business including all the math behind it.
If growing your business (and possibly selling it one day) is on your mind, you’ll want to read this book.
- Become a master closer…eith the secret blue book that could double or TRIPLE your INCOME!!! The most famous and powerful book on closing sales ever written! overcome virtually any objection close the tough sales most salespeople miss learn the powerful secret of “sales infiltration” read their prospects/customers like books harness the power of their own personalities organize themselves for sales success become Master Closer, and much, much more
- WANT TO KNOW WHAT TRIGGERS THE YES OR TRIPWIRES THE NO IN THE SALES PROCESS? START HERE! Why your prospects buy is exponentially more important than How you sell. Companies spend thousands of hours and millions of dollars annually teaching their people how to sell, instead of investing in answering the only question that ever matters to the bottom line: Why they buy? Cheri Tree discovered that answer when she decided to apply psychology to buyology. Now she s ready to share with readers the four basic personality types: B.A.N.K.TM Blueprint, Action, Nurturing, Knowledge. Most salespeople attempt to sell based on their own personality type precisely why 66 percent of customers are turned off by sales presentations. However, when you decipher your prospects B.A.N.K. codes, you will be far more likely to get the Yes! and close the sale. Why They Buy will teach you how to: Crack others personality codes in less than 90 seconds Connect quickly and on a deeper level with your prospects Communicate clearly and effectively in any situation Deliver memorable presentations that emphasize your core message Accelerate customer acquisition and increase retention Develop a highly trained sales force with a competitive advantage Expand your business and lead your teams to record success Maximize your influence and capitalize on your charisma Are you ready to increase your sales up to 300 percent? If so, this book will unlock the secrets, the science, and the system to supercharge your sales and build solid relationships, personally and professionally. When you crack the personality code, you will achieve record sales and real wealth that you can take to the BANK!
Run your company. Don’t let it run you.
Most business owners started their company because they wanted more freedom—to work on their own schedules, make the kind of money they deserve, and eventually retire on the fruits of their labor.
Unfortunately, according to John Warrillow, most owners find that stepping out of the picture is extremely difficult because their business relies too heavily on their personal involvement. Without them, their company—no matter how big or profitable—is essentially worthless.
But the good news is that entrepreneurs can take specific steps—no matter what stage a business is in—to create a valuable, sellable company. Warrillow shows exactly what it takes to create a solid business that can thrive long into the future.
THESE HABITS WILL MAKE YOU EXTRAORDINARY.
Twenty years ago, author Brendon Burchard became obsessed with answering three questions:
1. Why do some individuals and teams succeed more quickly than others and sustain that success over the long term?
2. Of those who pull it off, why are some miserable and others consistently happy on their journey?
3. What motivates people to reach for higher levels of success in the first place, and what practices help them improve the most
After extensive original research and a decade as the world’s leading high performance coach, Burchard found the answers. It turns out that just six deliberate habits give you the edge. Anyone can practice these habits and, when they do, extraordinary things happen in their lives, relationships, and careers.
Which habits can help you achieve long-term success and vibrant well-being no matter your age, career, strengths, or personality? To become a high performer, you must seek clarity, generate energy, raise necessity, increase productivity, develop influence, and demonstrate courage. The art and science of how to do all this is what this book is about.
Whether you want to get more done, lead others better, develop skill faster, or dramatically increase your sense of joy and confidence, the habits in this book will help you achieve it faster. Each of the six habits is illustrated by powerful vignettes, cutting-edge science, thought-provoking exercises, and real-world daily practices you can implement right now.
If you’ve ever wanted a science-backed, heart-centered plan to living a better quality of life, it’s in your hands. Best of all, you can measure your progress. A link to a free professional assessment is included in the book.